GOVT KHAWZAWL COLLEGE
The Govt. Khawzawl College initially named Khawzawl College Khawzawl is located in the Northeastern part of Khawzawl town. It is 40 km away from the District Headquarters of Champhai District, 160 Kms from Aizawl, the capital of Mizoram, and 70 Kms from the Myanmar Border. The Khawzawl College is having an area of land about 9.30 Bhigas in its own name. The College was established in 1985 as a co-educational institution. The objective of the college is to provide higher education especially to the student of the rural areas who cannot get facilities of higher education in other educationally advanced places. The college got Provisional Affiliation on the 15th May 1992 from NEHU Vide letter No. CDC/A-75/99-1468 Dated 15.5.1992 and the affiliating university had given permission for conducting Pre- University Examination with effect from 1993 Vide NEHU letter No. F.15-2/Ex/92/350 Dated 31/11/1992 the college was upgraded to Deficit Status with effect from the 1st April 1994 Vide Govt. letter No.B.16013/3/90-EDC/55 Dated 22/7/1994.
Vide letter No.B.16019/3/88-EDC Dated the 9th Nov.1995. NEHU accorded Provisional affiliation for degree classes to this college in General and Honors Courses Vide NEHU letter No.DCD.A.78/95-96/1778 Dated the 16th of July 1999. The college was transferred to Mizoram University and granted permanent affiliation Vide University letter No.MZU/CDC/32/2002 Dated the 27th of July 2006 with effect from 1st July 2006. University Grants Commission (UGC) included the college in the list of colleges prepared under section 2(f)&12(B) of the UGC Act.1956 with effect from the date of issuing of the order Vide UGC letter No.F.8-432/2005(CPP-1) dated the 20th July 2007. The Higher and Technical Education Department, the Government of Mizoram Provincialized this college with the effect the date of issuing Notification Vide No.B.16013/1/07-EDC Dated the 11th Oct. 2007.
PROFILE OF GOVT. KHAWZAWL COLLEGE
- Year of Permission 21st Feb 1990
- Year of Deficit status 1st March 1994
- Year of Affiliation (P.U.Level) 15th May 1992
- Year of Affiliation ( Degree Pass Course) 18th December 1996
- Year of Affiliation (Degree Pass&Hon) Provisional 16th July 1999
- Year of Affiliation (Degree Pass&Hon) Permanent 1st July 2006
- Year of Recognition under 2(f)12(b) 20th July 2007
- Year of Provincialization 11th October 2007
- Year of Introduction of 1BA 1st Batch 1995-1996 session
1. To achieve excellence in teaching , learning, leadership, in-service and any other community services
2. To Provide Education to the rural poor students to reduce the discrepancy between the rich and poor in the field of education
3. To improve infrastructural facilities and teaching method to attain excellent education
4. To provide education among the weaker section of the society including minorities, SC/ST/OBC and socially deprived sections
5. To inculcate discipline, culture, innovation, creativity, team spirit, entrepreneurial leadership and accountability
Mission And Objectives
- To inculcate easy access of higher education to a community of less privileged youths in the area nearby who cannot afford to go elsewhere for further studies
- The college motto “perseverance for success” is the guiding principle of our endeavor in striving for academic excellence in humanitarian services.
- To impact quality knowledge through effective teaching and to produce compact graduate or complete man.
- To work for the improvement of society through social services and other extension programs.
- To promote programs and movements that foster inter connectedness and a sense of unity